25.5.08

Share SECRET recipe & tips for Best STEAK

If you love eating beef steak. share your secret, tips, and any advise, or related web links. I like it juicy, tender, with great aroma.

My advice is, only ever buy and cook with fresh meat that has never been frozen. Frozen steaks taste terrible.

Delmonico or Ribeye is the best, no bone, but lots of fatty flavor. They can be custom cut to be quite large, but normally are about 1/3 lb each.

NY strips are affordable and good for feeding lots of ppl, but usually not too fatty.

Porterhouse and T bones are great too- it is a strip steak with bone and on the other side of the bone is a piece of filet.

Marinade is usually not necessary. I only marinade steaks that I am using for something else, like fajitas. If you find a fresh steak with good marbling (white) you should not need to marinade it because it will already be juicy.

Season with good ol' grill seasoning. Or sea salt & pepper with a little garlic powder. I do not like to over season.

I never cook steaks in the oven. Outside on grill or on grill pan over the stove top. Make sure you sear your meat in, that means when you put the steak on the surface to cook it, DO NOT reposition it. Think carefully about placement, or you will rip the meat. I suggest a MED_HIGH heat, nice and hot before the steaks are on. I Like a med-rare steak about 4 minutes each side-longer for porterhouse and t-bones.

ALSO-
never serve your meat right away. Let it rest at least 5-10 minutes before cutting it. The juices are too hot and they need to redistribute in the steak.